Sunday, January 30, 2011

Duck Parade

Last Saturday, I went just a few minutes from my house to our local Parade of Champions, Duck Parade. I had a lot of fun! I was a little worried at first trying to find parking in the middle of downtown Eugene, but luckily they had a big area cleared out so I was able to unload....right at the heart of Campus! I never thought I would be riding on the UO campus, and Rulu wasn't so sure about it at first, but she quickly realized it was game time and did great with all the new and interesting sights to see!
Since we were the only horse entry in the parade, I had a lot of people really excited to see Rulu. A couple of the girls working the parade traffic wanted to take a picture with her. The one girl however was scared of horses so any time Rulu moved she got a little nervous ;) I hope they were able to get a picture though! It was nice meeting lots of new people, and I ended up running into a lot of people that I knew throughout the parade. There was a lot of Duck Spirit and I think that it was a really fun atmosphere. I was really excited to get my Great Uncle's old parade saddle out too! It reminds me of a saddle Roy Rogers would have for Trigger. My Great Uncle used it in parades when he was part of the Sheriffs Posse so it was neat keeping the family history alive! I would also like to thank my helpers, Lian and Bev for helping me get ready, and McKenzie and Maddison for being my pooper scoopers. Not a very fun job but they can say they helped out when they try out for Miss EPR someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment