Sunday, February 27, 2011

OHSRA rodeo at Oregon Horse Center

Once again, this is Kyra blogging!
While Jessica was attending the Cowgirls and Crowns clinic held by Miss Rodeo Oregon this weekend, the Oregon Horse Center was playing host to a rodeo for the Oregon High School Rodeo Association. And since OHC is the home of the Eugene Pro Rodeo, we all felt we needed the EPR to be present! And so, since Jessica couldn't be in two places at once, I got to be her substitute and be queen again for the weekend.
First off I was really ecxited because I haven't been very involved with horses in the past few months since my pony is now leased out and so naturally I am very sore today! Anyway, I had the great honor of wearing the "retired" queen chaps and I even got the chance to use the "souvenir crown" that my mom had made for me post-reign.
I was very glad to be able to work cattle and run a couple sponsor flags for the rodeo and the best part was watching all of these upcoming rodeo-stars doing what they do best! It made me sort of wish that I had done competition-rodeo while I was in high school, even though I would not have been nearly as good as the kids competing this weekend!
I just want to thank all of the people who made my weekend a blast and for letting me get my well-needed rodeo time in! Thank you to all of the members of OHSRA for having me and for running such a well organized high school event, and the biggest thank you goes to Mandi and Kaylee Hansen for letting me borrow Keely for my run-in and cows! She was fantastic and I loved getting to ride again!
And now, back to Jessica, your 2011 queen :D -Kyra Turner

1 comment:

  1. For all who love rodeo, here's a free kids ebook, Harry and Lola at the Sisters Rodeo. Get it at www.harryandlola.com.

    ReplyDelete