Sunday, November 7, 2010

Veteran's Day Parade in Springfield, OR

Since I live in Springfield, OR, it was hard not to find a reason to attend the 10th annual Veteran's Day Parade! Our exciting Oregon weather cleared up just for our parade today except for a little bit of sprinkling and luckily, Wilco was at the staging area so I ran in at the last minute to purchase a clear plastic hat cover :) I had a great time in my home town waving at some familiar faces and passing by McKenzie-Willamette Hospital because I know how much it means to the patients to see the parade go by. I got a lot of cheers for my clean, white pony and my pooper-scooper, Cody Fulkerson. I had a blast talking to some of our vets and getting to show off the red, white, and blue that they have all fought for. Thank you to all of our soldiers, past, present, and future :)
Me and my nephew, Barrett

P.S. Here is a video from KEZI News about the parade. I am in it briefly :) http://kezi.com/news/local/194
325

No comments:

Post a Comment