Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cottage Grove Rodeo Queen Coronation

On Friday night I visited the Cottage Grove Coronation at the Masonic Lodge in Cottage Grove. We had a wonderful dinner which doubled as a fundraiser for the Rodeo Drill Team, which being from the area, I have a lot of friends that are on the team. I had the chance to visit with my friend Bre Whiting who was the 2009 CG Jr. Queen. (Who in a few years better be trying out for Eugene!) I had a great time seeing Nicole, Hannah, Kayla, and the Salem Flag Team girls who all came as visiting royalty. Of course Karen Hoagland was there too, as she was the 2009 CG Sr. Queen and is now the 2010 Benton County Fair and Rodeo Queen. We all had a great time talking about how gracefully we could try to eat spaghetti and salad which obvioulsy did not go well :)
After dinner was the coronation and we got to meet our new Cottag Grove Sr. Queen, Jessica Marshal and her Sr. Princess Kristen Ankeny. Also we met Tana Weston who is the Cottage Grove Jr. Queen. Tana also won the MRO Spirit award, and just from listening to her talk briefly, I can tell she deserved it! I'm very excited to see them at upcoming events!
I want to thank Cottage Grove for having me, especially Tonia Porter for giving me some advice and working with me even though she has her own new court to worry about now!
I'd like to say the next event I'm going to would be the Salem Rodeo this weekend, but I haven't been able to find anything out about it. So my next written down event will be Sister's Rodeo in June. (However I know I won't be able to wait that long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment