Monday, June 28, 2010

Crooked River Roundup - Prineville, OR

For June 25-27 I headed east for Crooked River Roundup! It was a lot of fun with 3 PRCA performances and a parade on Saturday. I had a blast.

I think the best part for me was camping! I haven't ever camped at a rodeo before, and let me tell you, if you are planning on sleeping in a tent at a rodeo BEFORE 2 am, it isn't gonna happen. Luckily the second night, I got some ear plugs :)

I got to know a few more queens on this trip including Lacey McBeth, the 2010 Crooked River Roundup Queen, Ashley Zeigler who is our 2010 Miss Rodeo Oregon and the 2010 Canby Rodeo girls, Queen Katie Trapp, Princess Erika Roney and Princess Emily Wilhite. I am very thankful that the Canby girls adopted me and let me hang out with them, especially on the walk to our staging spot in the parade! We had a good time hanging out and getting lost in Prineville.

I had a wonderful time on Tough Enough to Wear Pink night and was especially enthralled with the Posie Shop in Prineville, OR who set up a booth named Double D Ranch and sold Bras For A Cause! It was amazing to see the people support the fight against breast cancer, which I get to do at my own rodeo next weekend.











I also want to say thanks to Lacey for asking me to help out with running cattle back during the rodeo. I haven't actually gotten to work cattle at a RODEO before so it was nice to do that before my chance came up at the Eugene Pro! I had a blast helping with the give-away of some Wranglers to two audience members and helping with the stick-horse race for all the kids! Thanks Prineville for a fun rodeo!
 and Lacey McBeth, the CRR Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment