Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mary Cole Days Parade

Today was the Mary Cole Days Parade in Marcola, OR which is conveniently about 10 miles from my barn. Luckily I was reminded that the parade was coming up and I decided to go just this week, and I am very glad I did! I felt very welcomed by the parade staff and I was extremely flattered that they were so happy to have me attend! I remember doing this parade as a kid in my 4H club and that same year Miska Asman was in the parade as the 2003 Eugene Pro Rodeo Queen! I would have never dreamed that I would be in her place today. I was also very honored to be asked by the parade staff to lead the parade carrying our beautiful American flag. All I can say is thank you Marcola for the opportunity to do so! I hope to be back in the future, and I will definitly recommend the parade to the 2011 rodeo queen :)
My pony deserves a picture this time too, because she was amazing in the parade! My best horse friend, Dusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment