Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cottage Grove Rodeo

July 9th and 10th I drove down to Cottage Grove, OR to represent Eugene at the 62nd annual Cottage Grove Rodeo. July 9th was unblievably hot, but then again, that's rodeo weather! After setting up all day for the Lane County 4H Youth Fair, I met up with other 4Her friends who happened to be on the drill team there in CG. It was a hot one, but I got ready and did my run-in accompanied by the Yoncalla Rodeo Queen, Miss NPRA and the Salem Fairgrounds Queen. I had a great time seeing the Cottage Grove girls take over their rodeo and I was very glad to see that Jessica was good to ride after her accident! Lindy, the Sr. Princess did a great job singing the National Anthem and I was impressed! After grand entry I left early and after 4H fair the next day, I was back for more!
July 10th, was an exciting one, because during grand entry my horse tripped and fell right out from under me! We came around a corner pretty fast right in front of the chutes and shoop! There we went! Luckily we're both fine, my pony and I were just filthy! I always panic about my hat coming off and for once, I lived up to the saying, "If your hat is gonna come off, your head better be in it" which it was, but my crown shot right off of it. Immediatly following my wreck, someone caught my horse, I got back on, my crown was brought to me and I stood back in place like nothing happened. I finished my run-in and was totally humiliated. I know I shouldn't have been, but I was coved in dirt and that is probably the opposite of a rodeo queen! After dusting off, I went and signed some autographs and had a great night actually watching the rodeo for once! My favorite was the trailor race in which a friend of mine was seconds away from winning. I had a great time at Cottage Grove, and lesson learned, no running full out in a corner! (Again, probably not my fault, but I still want to think it is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment