Monday, September 30, 2013

2014 Miss Eugene Pro Rodeo - Kayla Wood

On behalf of the Eugene Pro Rodeo Committee, I would like to congratulate your 2014 Miss Eugene Pro Rodeo! She will spend all summer representing our home rodeo and showing everyone what a great place it is to be on the 4th of July. Please take a moment to view her bio:

Hi there! My name is Kayla Wood and I am the eighteen year old
daughter of Rod and Pam Wood. I have lived in Harrisburg for over thirteen years. I am a 2012 high school graduate. I have been working on my prerequisites and plan on continuing in the fall. My goal is to complete the dental hygienist program at LCC in the next few years.
I have been around horses my whole life. I started on my mom’s old
rodeo court horse Jasper when I was five years old. As any little girl would, I fell in love with horses and haven’t been able to leave the saddle ever since!
I have been in 4-H, and OHSET. I competed in a variety of events like team penning, cow daubing, barrels, other speed events, saddle seat, working rancher, and a few others. I have always enjoyed showing and being in the horse world. Clay, my partner in crime, is a big eight year old chestnutquarter horse with a big white
blaze, which carries me high and proud. We have a fresh relationship but we already have a connection
that is unstoppable. I am proud to have him on my side, as my trusty steed as we rodeo around Oregon all summer.
Being on rodeo court is a huge passion I have been dreaming about for years. I can remember
being six years old telling my mom (who was also a princess) that I was going to be exactly like her. I
would always hold her princess crown, my imagination would go wild. I remember being a little girl,
sitting in the Eugene Pro-Rodeo stands watching the rodeo queens flying by waving, and I knew that was
a goal I was always going to strive for.
I am so greatly honored to be Eugene Pro-Rodeos 2013 Queen. I have family and loved ones
who support me, and help me out tremendously and I am extremely thankful for them. I will represent
Eugene Pro-Rodeo with pride and dignity. I can’t wait to travel to other rodeos and represent Eugene as
one of the best rodeos around! I hope to make 2013 Eugene Pro-Rodeo one to never forget. You don’t
want to miss out, See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment