Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More Updates!

Wow how time flies! Its been an amazing spring and start to summer and I am so excited for our rodeo coming up!
I saw a first little taste of summer at the Rhodie Fest in Florence, Oregon. When we first got there I was worried the weather wouldn't be good, but by the time the parade started it turned out gorgeous! Our 2010 miss EPR, also a good friend of mine happened to be at the coast that weekend with her fiance, another good friend and they were kind enough to help me get my horse ready. Kyra is a lot more crafty than I am and decorated Rhodies all throughout Rulu's mane and tail. It looked so cute!

And Cody was my rodeo queen mom for the day pinning my sash on :)







It turned out to be an overall great day! The inner "child at heart" came out in me on the way home when we went by the Gingerbread Village Restaurant  in Mapleton. They had the Gingerbread man out, so of course I had to get a picture! He even gave me a free gingerbread cookie ;)

 Our next event was KKNU dinner at Putters. It was great to finally meet the radio crew, Barrett, Fox, and Berry. I hear them on the radio almost every day they are such great people! I had a lot of fun chatting with everyone and helping out with the raffle for rodeo tickets!



At last but certainly not least, I just got back from the Sisters Rodeo this last weekend. I had such an amazing time. I ran into some of the queens I have already met, and got to meet some new ones too. There was so many nice, beautiful girls and everyone was very welcoming! I felt right at home. Saturday morning we had the parade and right after all of the contestants were treated to ice cream bars :) I was really excited for Sunday because I got to wear my new pink chaps for Tough Enough to Wear Pink night. Rulu was such a trooper for a long hot weekend. I was a bit bummed to come home because the weather was so amazing there and I didn't want to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment